To use facilities
- Group Study Rooms
Group Study Room Reservation
Group Study Rooms: Guidelines for Use[.pdf]
- Schedule library instruction for class or group
Contact your liaison librarian to arrange for your class to visit the library or have a librarian visit your smart classroom.
- Use a library facility for an exhibit or event
Library Exhibit: Exhibit Guidelines [.pdf]| Exhibit Proposal [.pdf]
Maggie Murph Cafe: Event Guidelines [.pdf] | Event Proposal [.pdf]
Using Posner Center Facilities
To use materials
- Get materials from Carnegie Mellon
Proxy Borrowing Permission (faculty) [.pdf]
Special Patron Application (alumni & friends) [.pdf]
- Get materials from other libraries
Interlibrary Loan Services Request EZ-BORROW, ILLIAD
Lyrasis Direct Borrow FACULTY ONLY Visit and borrow. Fill out Lyrasis form and get it signed at any CMU reference desk.
Lyrasis partner libraries Visit and borrow. Requires getting a signed Lyrasis form at any CMU reference desk.
To recommend purchase of items for the library
We welcome your recommendations for books or any other library publication purchase for the Carnegie Mellon University Libraries collection. The appropriate subject librarian will consider the item and selection will be made with consideration for readership, teaching and research support and availability of funds. Please use the form provided. Thank you for your recommendation.
To place course reserves for students
- Submit Materials for Course Reserves and eReserves [.pdf]
- Electronic [.pdf]
- Electronic [form]
- Physical [.pdf]
- Physical [form]
To deposit your dissertation at the library
- Deposit PhD Dissertation [.pdf]
- Copyright Issues Related to the Publication of Dissertations (2010) [.pdf]
- PhD Dissertation Checklist [.pdf]
- Proquest/UMI submission form [.pdf]