Reaxys is the workflow solution for research chemists. Based on the CrossFire Databases, Reaxys integrates reaction and substance data search with synthesis planning. It is an intuitive web-application with powerful and flexible search capabilities, including searching by reaction, substance, and/or numeric property data. Substance searching includes (sub-)structure, generic and R-group searching, molecular formula, name and many more choices. Results – reactions and measured substance data – are presented in easy-to-read tabular views. Intelligent filter and ranking tools allow to determine the most relevant data from a unique data source.
(includes CrossFire Beilstein and Gmelin)
Reaxys is available at https://www.reaxys.com/. If you are accessing the Internet from off-campus or using wireless on-campus, you must use the VPN to access Reaxys. View the instructions for setting up the VPN.
Reaxys is designed by chemists for chemists and contains the most relevant reaction and substance data from journals and patent literature. Information on single- and multi-step reactions is deeply indexed and complemented by a synthesis planner to fulfil criteria applicable to a research chemist’s needs.
- Reaxys contains experimental reaction and substance data extracted from trusted literature dating back to 1771, not available elsewhere
- Reaxys includes a synthesis planner allowing researchers to identify and combine selected reaction steps to generate the most effective synthesis strategy.
- It uses “chemistry as organizing principle”: clearly laid out substance or reaction profiles reducing time to get to the relevant results.
- Experimental procedure texts from patent literature reduce the ned to go to the original document
- Intelligent filter and ranking tools allow researchers to find the “best” hits from this extensive source fast.
- With Reaxys you can link directly to Scopus (cited-by information) and full-text documents (journals and patents) to enable further exploration of all the scientific literature [alter according to license agreements with relevant journals/Scopus/ScienceDirect]
- Multiple formats allow to export results, merge with other data or share data with colleagues (DOC, PDF, XLS, SD, RD, RIS, EndNote/Reference Manager).
- Commercial availabiltiy flags have direct links to chemical directories: synthesize or buy, whichever is more efficient.
- Reaxys is web-based, intuitive, supports all major browsers and is easy to administer
- It is offered via an institution-wide subscription rate with no user limits on access and no software to install
To make the most out of Reaxys visit the Reaxys Training Center, where you will find dedicated e-learning materials.
Register for a Reaxy webinars
Sign up for the Reaxys newsletter to stay up-to-date with the latest developments.
If you need further assistance you can contact the Reaxys customer care team for further assistance.
Toll Free: +1 888 615 4500
Tel: +1 212 462 1978
Download the latest plugins for the various structure editors available in Reaxys
Still have questions? Contact us:
Diane Covington, Chemistry and Biology Librarian, Mellon Institute Library, 268-7384,firstname.lastname@example.org
Reaxys ® is a registered trademark owned and protected by Elsevier Properties SA and used under license.