Public Policy & Information Systems
Databases open in new tab. Databases marked with an * are publicly available.
Systematic downloading of content is not allowed, including by software, e.g. website crawlers, harvesters and offline browsers.
- CCH Omnitax Database
Database provides comprehensive federal, state and local tax information.
- Code of Federal Regulations. In HeinOnline.
Full text access to the “codification of the general and permanent rules and regulations (sometimes called administrative law) published in the Federal Register”.
- ComScore Disaggregate Datasets
Comprehensive view of digital consumer behavior.
- Congressional Universe. See ProQuest Congressional Publications.
- CQ Press Electronic Library (CQ Weekly, CQ Researcher, CQ Almanac)
Full text access to “resource for research in American government, politics, history, public policy, and current affairs”.
- Criminal Justice Abstracts with Full Text
Bibliographic records covering areas related to criminal justice and criminology.
- Data-Planet Statistical Datasets
Hundreds of interdisciplinary datasets with customizable mapping, graphing, and report-generating capability. Data-Planet Statistical Ready Reference also available for basic retrieval.
- Federal Register Library. In HeinOnline.
Access to Federal Register Collection and Code of Federal Regulations.
- Foreign Relations of the United States. In HeinOnline.
Official documentary historical record of major U.S. foreign policy decisions and significant diplomatic activity.
- Frost & Sullivan
Market reports and analysis on emerging technologies in a wide range of industries. NOTE: for academic use – reports are read-only.
Catalog of U.S. Government Publications.
Legal research collection database.
- HELIOS (Carnegie Mellon) *
Full text access to portions of the congressional papers from the late U.S. Senator John Heinz (R-PA).
- HLAS Online (Handbook of Latin American Studies Online) *
Handbook of Latin American Studies Online.
- Homeland Security Digital Library
Collection of documents related to Homeland Security from variety of sources including federal, state and local agencies.
Data archive of more than 500,000 files of research in the social sciences.
- ICUD: Index to Current Urban Documents
Reports and research generated by local governments, civic organizations, and academic institutions; core of collection deals with budget, architecture and planning.
InCites is a customized, citation-based research evaluation tool on the Web that enables you to analyze institutional productivity and benchmark your output against peers worldwide.
- Inter-University Consortium for Political and Social Research. See ICPSR.
- Law Journal Library. In HeinOnline.
Contains more than 1,620 law and law-related periodicals.
- LexisNexis Congressional Publications. See ProQuest Congressional.
- Mergent Bondviewer
U.S. corporate and municipal bond data such as: issue details, offering documents, ratings, coupon information, covenants, redemptions and historical pricing.
- OECD Library
Documents and databases on economics, energy, education, health, environment, employment, patents, R&D, finance, governance, agriculture, industry, science, trade, transportation, and more, worldwide.
- Oxford Handbooks Online
Online handbooks in business & management, political science, philosophy, and religion.
Database on public affairs, public and social policies, international relations.
- PAIS International. See PAIS.
- PolicyFile. In ProQuest.
PolicyFile provides access to reports and information produced by prominent policy institutes, ‘think tank’ and non-governmental organizations.
- ProQuest Congressional Publications
Access to congressional material and legislative histories.
- ProQuest Statistical Insight
Index to thousands of statistical publications on all topics;data either online or on microfiche in Hunt Library.
- Roper Center for Public Opinion Archives
- Archive of social sciences data, primarily from surveys of public opinion.
- Sage Research Methods
Searchable collection of boooks, videos and articles on research methodologies in the social sciences.
SciVal offers quick, easy access to the research performance of 4,600 research institutions and 220 countries worldwide.
- Session Laws Library. In HeinOnline.
Session laws (from inception to present) of all 50 U.S. states as well as Canada, Australia, Puerto Rico, Virgin Islands, and the D.C. Register.
- Social Explorer
Historical census data and demographic information down to block group level, with maps and reports from 1790-2000.
- Treaties and Agreements Library. In HeinOnline.
All U.S. treaties, whether currently in-force, expired, or not-yet officially published.
- U. S. Attorney General Opinions. In HeinOnline.
Official opinions of the U.S. Attorney General
- U.S. Congressional Documents. In HeinOnline.
Complete Congressional Record Bound version, as well as the daily version back to 1980.
- U.S. Federal Agency Documents, Decisions, and Appeals. In HeinOnline.
Reports, decisions, and records of the official case law of some of the most important U.S. Federal Agencies.
- U.S. Federal Legislative History Library. In HeinOnline.
Collection of documents that are produced in Congress during the enactment of a law.
- U.S. Presidential Library. In HeinOnline.
Includes such titles as Messages and Papers of the Presidents, Public Papers of the Presidents, Daily and Weekly Compilation of Presidential Documents, etc.
- U.S. Statutes at Large. In HeinOnline.
Official source for the laws and resolutions passed by Congress.
- U.S. Supreme Court Library. In HeinOnline.
Official U.S. Reports bound volumes as well as preliminary prints, slip opinions, and books& periodicals related to the U.S. Supreme Court.
- United States Code. In HeinOnline.
Official consolidation and codification of all general and permanent laws of the United States that are in force as of a certain date.
- World dataBank (formerly World Development Indicators)
Datasets for development indicators for 208 countries, 1960 – present.