Business & Economics Databases
Tepper School students – click here
Databases open in new tab. Databases marked with an * are publicly available.
Systematic downloading of content is not allowed, including by software, e.g. website crawlers, harvesters and offline browsers.
- ABI/INFORM Complete
Articles on industries, companies, management, business conditions.
- Academic Onefile
Scholarly articles on all topics, including management, finance, marketing and economics.
- Accounting & Tax
Journal articles and publications from accounting and legal organizations on accounting and tax issues.
- Alternative Energy eTrack Use this database? We need your input.
Research and business news, company and industry analysis, forecasts and market intelligence data for alternative energy technologies, including wind, hydro, solar, ocean, geothermal, biofuels, fuel cells. Global coverage. Downloading or exporting information is not permitted.
- AdAge Datacenter
Global advertising industry data on ad spending, agencies, media companies, and top marketers and advertisers.
- Applied Science & Business Periodicals Retropective (1913-1983)
Articles on events and trends in business and applied science from this period.
- Berkeley Electronic Press
Scholarly articles in economics, business, law, engineering and political science.
Detailed financial analysis and benchmarking reports on more than 16,000 lines of business at the national and local levels down to the zip code.
- Business Source Premier
Scholarly and trade journals and magazines in all business disciplines; also industry reports, company profiles, and country economic reports. Special feature: online access to the Harvard Business Review.
- CISDM Hedge Fund Data. See WRDS.
Database of returns, assets, leverage, style, etc. for thousands of funds.
- CCH Omnitax Database
Database provides comprehensive federal, state and local tax information.
- Compustat. See WRDS.
Business financial data on 80,000 global firms from 1950 to current.
- ComScore Disaggregate Datasets
Comprehensive view of digital consumer behavior.
- Conference Board
Reports on business management and U.S. and global economics.
- Corporate Affiliations. See LexisNexis Corporate Affiliations.
- CRSP. See WRDS.
Quotations for stock prices, indices, government bonds, and mutual funds; current and historical.
- CUSIP Master File. See WRDS.
CUSIP numbers, standardized descriptions for corporate, municipal and government securities in North America.
- Datamonitor. See MarketLine Advantage.
- Data-Planet Statistical Datasets
Hundreds of interdisciplinary datasets with customizable mapping, graphing, and report-generating capability. Data-Planet Statistical Ready Reference also available for basic retrieval.
Research in economics from journals, books, proceedings, dissertations, and working papers.
- Emerald Management Research Collection
Scholarly books and articles in business and management.
- eStatement Studies. For industry financial ratios, see BizMiner.
- Euromonitor. See Passport GMID.
- Frost & Sullivan
Market reports and analysis on emerging technologies in a wide range of industries. NOTE: for academic use – reports are read-only.
- Gartner Core Research
Research reports on technology products and services used by corporations.
- Goldsmith’s-Kress Library of Economics Literature. See The Making of the Modern World: The Goldsmiths’-Kress Library of Economic Literature.
- Historical Annual Reports (1844-present)
Printed annual reports for 800 U.S. companies, some going back to 1844.
- Hoover’s Online
International company directory; company/industry profiles, competitors, financials, and executives.
Market research reports for over 700 U.S. industries.
- IEEE Xplore
Technical literature in electrical engineering, computer science, and electronics.
- INFORMS PubsOnline
Journals published by INFORMS, association for operations research and management science.
- International Financial Statistics
Time series economic data for all countries from the IMF.
- Investext. See Thomson ONE – NOTE: Use Internet Explorer only.
Scholarly articles in all disciplines including management, finance, marketing and economics (not including last 3 years).
- Leadership Directories, Inc.
Quick profiles of executives in corporations, government, nonprofits, judiciary and the media.
- LexisNexis Academic
News articles and listings from 18,000 international newspapers, journals, wire services, newsletters, blogs, case law, documents, broadcasts, and reference works.
- LexisNexis Corporate Affiliations
Major companies and subsidiaries worldwide; executives, board members, service firms, and brands.
- LexisNexis Statistical. See ProQuest Statistical Insight.
Index to thousands of statistical publications on all topics; data either online or on microfiche in Hunt Library.
- Making of the Modern World: The Goldsmiths’-Kress Library of Economic Literature
Digital collection of the original literature of economics from the period 1460-1914.
- MarketLine Advantage (formerly Datamonitor)
Profiles of companies, industries, and countries, also M&A and financial deals, and consumer product data.
- Marquis Who’s Who on the Web
Profiles of 1.4 million accomplished individuals worldwide, from all fields.
- Materials Business File
Articles on industry news, product and process developments.
- Mergent Bondviewer
U.S. corporate and municipal bond data such as: issue details, offering documents, ratings, coupon information, covenants, redemptions and historical pricing.
- Mergent Historical Annual Reports
Annual Reports for over 5,000 companies, some going back to 1925.
- Mergent Online
Descriptive information and 15 years of complete financial data for U.S. and foreign companies.
- Mergent Webreports
Moody’s (later Mergent) Corporate Manuals, 1909 to the present, with detailed descriptions of significant public companies worldwide.
- NetAdvantage. See Standard and Poor’s NetAdvantage.
- Standard & Poor’s Industry Surveys; Compustat financial data; Stock, Bond, and Mutual Fund Reports, etc.
- New Palgrave Dictionary of Economics
Scholarly overviews of all concepts in economics – the classic source since 1894.
- OECD Economic Outlook
Economic analysis, working papers and data from the Organization for Economic Co-operation and Development.
- OECD Library
Documents and databases on economics, energy, education, health, environment, employment, patents, R&D, finance, governance, agriculture, industry, science, trade, transportation, and more, worldwide.
- OptionMetrics. See WRDS.
Historical price and implied volatility data for the U.S. equity and index options markets.
- Oxford Handbooks Online – Business & Management
Book-length overviews of topics in these disciplines.
- Oxford Reference Online – Economics & Business
Dictionary and encyclopedia definitions on topics in business & economics.
- Passport GMID
Industry data and reports, consumer lifestyles, companies and brands in over 200 countries; current, historical, and forecasted.
- Pittsburgh Business Times Online
Western PA company and business news, plus lists of top local business in every industry.
- Private Equity. See Thomson ONE – NOTE: Use Internet Explorer
Financial, operational, and competitive information about private companies, internationally; also M&A deals, venture capital and private equity firms, etc.
U.S. newspapers, magazines, and scholarly journals; also industry reports.
- ProQuest Statistical Insight
Index to thousands of statistical publications on all topics;data either online or on microfiche in Hunt Library.
Extensive international company directories, consumer data, job postings, healthcare offices, residential listings, new business filings, and historical US company data, with data visualization and mapping applications.
- Roper Center for Public Opinion Archives
Various public opinion surveys from the 1930s to the present.
- Sage Research Methods
Searchable collection of boooks, videos and articles on research methodologies in the social sciences.
SciVal offers quick, easy access to the research performance of 4,600 research institutions and 220 countries worldwide.
Supports research needs in the scientific, technical, medical and social sciences fields and, recently, also in the arts and humanities. Contains both peer-reviewed research literature and quality web sources.
- Social Sciences Citation Index. In Web of Science.
Encompasses the scholarly literature in economics and other social science disciplines, used primarily to discover linkages among research publications and researchers.
- Springer Mathematics and Statistics ebook collection
Access to mathematics and statistics ebooks.
- SRDS Local Market Audience Analyst – NOTE: Use Internet Explorer
Geographic, demographic, psychographic data correlated to target markets in the U.S.
- Standard & Poor’s NetAdvantage
Standard & Poor’s publications on public companies and industries, including Industry Surveys; Stock, Bond, and Mutual Fund Reports; The Outlook; Trends and Projections, and .
- Thomson ONE(formerly VentureXpert/Private Equity, and Investext) – NOTE: Use Internet ExplorerVenture capital funds, private equity firms, funded companies, and their executives- also analyst reports, company financials.
- Value Line Investment Survey
Reports on 3,500 stocks; industry surveys.
- VentureXpert/Private Equity. SeeThomson ONE – NOTE: Use Internet Explorer
- Wall Street Journal. In ProQuest.
Important U.S. business newspaper.
- Historical Newspapers: Wall Street Journal (1890 – current minus 17 years)